Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Refrigerator COP with thermal storage
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Due to the extreme necessity to diversify renewable energy sources, the search for energy recycling methods through the utilization of thermal losses from equipment has become fundamental. Thus, these losses can be used as a new source of energy for water heating and storage in domestic hot water storage tanks (DHWST). For this reason, the construction of an experimental apparatus with a cylindrical thermal storage tank is proposed, in which the objective of the study will be a survey of the coefficient of performance concerning conventional and modified refrigerators, as well as to perform an analysis of hot water, through the thermal stratification technique using a refrigerator with a modified condenser. The collected thermal loss, as per the thermosyphon principle, will be stored as thermal energy. The results showed the full operation of the modified refrigeration system, which did not reveal significant alterations in thermodynamic behavior after the modifications made on the condenser. The dynamic behavior of the thermal distribution was observed through the thermal stratification effect and temperature evolution in terms of time, showing greater variability of the modified refrigerator generating more thermal comfort to users in addition to providing domestic hot water. Crown Copyright (C) 2008 Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Applied Thermal Engineering. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 29, n. 11-12, p. 2358-2364, 2009.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Coefficient of performance
- Thermal stratification
- Thermal storage
- Thermal losses
- Refrigeration of system
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.