Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Optimisation of environmental gas cleaning routes for solid wastes cogeneration systems. Part II - Analysis of waste incineration combined gas/steam cycle
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In the first paper of this paper (Part I), conditions were presented for the gas cleaning technological route for environomic optimisation of a cogeneration system based in a thermal cycle with municipal solid waste incineration. In this second part, an environomic analysis is presented of a cogeneration system comprising a combined cycle composed of a gas cycle burning natural gas with a heat recovery steam generator with no supplementary burning and a steam cycle burning municipal solid wastes (MSW) to which will be added a pure back pressure steam turbine (another one) of pure condensation. This analysis aims to select, concerning some scenarios, the best atmospheric pollutant emission control routes (rc) according to the investment cost minimisation, operation and social damage criteria. In this study, a comparison is also performed with the results obtained in the Case Study presented in Part I. (c) 2007 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Energy Conversion and Management. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 49, n. 4, p. 804-811, 2008.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- gas cleaning routes
- municipal solid wastes
- cogeneration system
- combined cycle
- environomic analysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.