Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Vacuum effects on massive spinor fields: S-1 x R-3 topology
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- The aim of this work was to investigate the role played by an external field on the Casimir energy density for massive fermions under S-1 x R-3 topology. Both twisted- and untwisted-spin connections are considered and the calculation in a closed form is performed using an alternative approach based on the combination of the analytic regularization method and the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula. It is shown that no mass scale appears in the final result and, therefore, Casimir effect arises only from the boundary conditions and vacuum fluctuations induced by the coupling with the external field.
- International Journal of Theoretical Physics. New York: Springer/plenum Publishers, v. 45, n. 3, p. 511-520, 2006.
- casimir effect
- external field quantum electrodynamics
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.