Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Extended class of exact twistons and crystalline polyethylene
- Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- In this work we study a model used to analyze exact topological twistons in polyethylene. It is observed that an infinite degeneracy in the topological Bolgomol'nyi-Prasad-Sommerfield energy is present in the model. That is a consequence of the structure of the vacuum of the model. Particularly, it is shown that there is no need to restrict the model parameters, as supposed originally. However, since in the PE there is no degeneracy and, furthermore, such degeneracy could completely destroy the chain structure, we perform a perturbation in the model in order to avoid that degeneracy. It is shown that the obtained energy is still in the experimentally allowed range of twiston energy.
- Journal of Physics A-mathematical and Theoretical. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 43, n. 36, p. 10, 2010.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.