Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effective monopoles within thick branes
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 476580/2010-2
- CNPq: 304862/2009-6
- CNPq: 482043/2011-3
- The monopole mass is revealed to be considerably modified in the thick braneworld paradigm, and depends on the position of the monopole in the brane as well. Accordingly, the monopole radius continuously increases, leading to an unacceptable setting that can be circumvented when the brane thickness has an upper limit. Despite such peculiar behavior, the accrued quantum corrections - involving the classical monopole solution - are shown to be still under control. We analyze the monopole's peculiarities also taking into account the localization of the gauge fields. Furthermore, some additional analysis in the thick braneworld context and the similar behavior evinced by the topological string are investigated. Copyright (c) EPLA, 2012
- Epl. Mulhouse: Epl Association, European Physical Society, v. 100, n. 1, p. 6, 2012.
- Epl Association, European Physical Society
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.