Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Continuously deformable topological structure
- Dutra, Alvaro de Souza
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Some time ago, Bazeia and collaborators [D. Bazeia, J. Menezes, R. Menezes, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91 (2003) 241601], introduced a model consisting of a self-interacting scalar field, where the solitonic static configuration presents a kind of static two kinks profile. Here we present a novel model having this not much usual and interesting property. The implications, and possible advantages, of this new exactly solvable non-linear system are addressed. In particular, the consequences for some D-dimensional defects and cosmological scenarios such as the brane worlds are explored. (c) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Physica D-nonlinear Phenomena. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 238, n. 8, p. 798-802, 2009.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Topological defects
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.