Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Scattering and bound states of spinless particles in a mixed vector-scalar smooth step potential
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Scattering and bound states for a spinless particle in the background of a kink-like smooth step potential, added with a scalar uniform background, are considered with a general mixing of vector and scalar Lorentz structures. The problem is mapped into the Schrodinger-like equation with an effective Rosen-Morse potential. It is shown that the scalar uniform background present subtle and trick effects for the scattering states and reveals itself a high-handed element for formation of bound states. In that process, it is shown that the problem of solving a differential equation for the eigenenergies is transmuted into the simpler and more efficient problem of solving an irrational algebraic equation. (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Annals of Physics. San Diego: Academic Press Inc. Elsevier B.V., v. 324, n. 11, p. 2372-2384, 2009.
- Academic Press Inc. Elsevier B.V.
- Klein-Gordon equation
- Bound states
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.