Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Spin and pseudospin symmetries in the antinucleon spectrum of nuclei
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
- Ctr Tecn Aeroesp
- Univ Coimbra
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- CAPES: 183/07
- FCT: PTDC/FIS/64707/2006
- FCT: CERN/FP/83505/2008
- Spin and pseudospin symmetries in the spectra of nucleons and antinucleons are studied in a relativistic mean-field theory with scalar and vector Woods-Saxon potentials, in which the strength of the latter is allowed to change. We observe that, for nucleons and antinucleons, the spin symmetry is of perturbative nature and it is almost an exact symmetry in the physical region for antinucleons. The opposite situation is found in the pseudospin symmetry case, which is better realized for nucleons than for antinucleons, but is of dynamical nature and cannot be viewed in a perturbative way for either nucleons or antinucleons. This is shown by computation of the spin-orbit and pseudospin-orbit couplings for selected spin and pseudospin partners in both spectra.
- Physical Review C. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 81, n. 6, p. 8, 2010.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.