Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Spin-1 duality in D dimensions
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- It is known that the Maxwell theory in D dimensions can be written in a first-order form (in derivatives) by introducing a totally antisymmetric field which leads to a (D - 3)-form dual theory. Remarkably, one can replace the antisymmetric field by a symmetric rank-two tensor (W(mu nu) = W(nu mu)). Such master action establishes the duality between the Maxwell theory and a fourth-order higher-rank model in a D-dimensional flat space-time. A naive generalization to the curved space shows a connection between the recently found D = 4 critical gravity and the Maxwell-theory plus a coupling term to the Ricci tensor (R(mu nu)A(mu)A(nu)). The mass of the spin-1 particle which appears in the D = 4 critical gravity linearized around anti-de Sitter space is the same one obtained from the Ricci coupling term. We also work out, in flat space-time, the explicitly massive case (Maxwell-Proca) which is dual to a second-order theory for W(mu nu).
- Physical Review D. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 84, n. 4, p. 9, 2011.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.