Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A branch-and-price approach to p-median location problems
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE)
- This paper describes a branch-and-price algorithm for the p-median location problem. The objective is to locate p facilities (medians) such as the sum of the distances from each demand point to its nearest facility is minimized. The traditional column generation process is compared with a stabilized approach that combines the column generation and Lagrangean/surrogate relaxation. The Lagrangean/surrogate multiplier modifies; the reduced cost criterion, providing the selection of new productive columns at the search tree. Computational experiments are conducted considering especially difficult instances to the traditional column generation and also with some large-scale instances. (C) 2004 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Computers & Operations Research. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 32, n. 6, p. 1655-1664, 2005.
- Elsevier B.V.
- column generation
- Lagrangean/surrogate relaxation
- branch and price
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.