Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Artificial satellites orbits in 2:1 resonance: GPS constellation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA)
- Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 09/00735-5
- FAPESP: 06/04997-6
- CNPq: 300952/2008-2
- CNPq: 302949/2009-7
- In this work, the resonance problem in the artificial satellites motion is studied. The development of the geopotential includes the zonal harmonics J(20) and J(40) and the tesseral harmonics J(22) and J(42). Through an averaging procedure and successive Mathieu transformations, the order of dynamical system is reduced and the final system is solved by numerical integration. In the simplified dynamical model, three critical angles are studied. The half-width of the separatrix is calculated through a linearized model which describes the behavior of the dynamical system in a neighborhood of each critical angle. Through the resonance overlap criterion the possible regular and irregular motions are investigated by the time behavior of the semi-major axis, argument of perigee and eccentricity. The largest Lyapunov exponent is used as tool to verify the chaotic motion. (C) 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Acta Astronautica. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 81, n. 2, p. 623-634, 2012.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Artificial satellites
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.