Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The minimization of open stacks problem: A review of some properties and their use in pre-processing operations
- Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Pre-processing operations that reduce the size of a problem may be decisive for solving or not solving practical instances of a NP-hard problem. In this article we review some properties suggested in the literature for the minimization of open stacks problem that can be used in pre-processing operations to reduce the instances sizes. We also present a new pre-processing technique that may be very effective in reducing the size of an instance. We present computational tests with the suggested pre-processing operations applied on sets of MOSP instances of the literature and we show that the reductions obtained can be significant. (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- European Journal of Operational Research. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 203, n. 3, p. 559-567, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Combinatorial optimization
- Minimization of open stack problem
- Size reduction
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.