Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- GPS Satellites Orbits: Resonance
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 305147/2005-6
- CNPq: 300952/2008-2
- The effects of perturbations due to resonant geopotential harmonics on the semimajor axis of GPS satellites are analyzed. For some GPS satellites, secular perturbations of about 4m/day can be obtained by numerical integration of the Lagrange planetary equations considering in the disturbing potential the main secular resonant coefficients. Amplitudes for long-period terms due to resonant coefficients are also exhibited for some hypothetical satellites orbiting in the neighborhood of the GPS satellites orbits. The results are important to perform orbital maneuvers of GPS satellites such that they stay in their nominal orbits. Also, for the GPS satellites that are not active, the long-period effects due to the resonance must be taken into account in the surveillance of the orbital evolutions of such debris. Copyright (C) 2009 L. D. D. Ferreira and R. V. de Moraes.
- Mathematical Problems In Engineering. New York: Hindawi Publishing Corporation, p. 12, 2009.
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.