Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- On the Emmenthal distribution of highly inclined asteroids
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 06/50005-5
- CNPq: 302183/2008-6
- CNPq: 473345/2009-9
- Highly inclined asteroids are objects with sin (i) > 0.3. Among highly inclined asteroids, we can distinguish between objects with inclinations smaller than that of the centre of the ?6= g - g6 secular resonance and objects at higher inclinations. Using the current mechanisms of dynamical mobility, it is not easy to increase the values of an asteroid with an initial small inclination to values higher than that of the centre of the ?6 resonance. The presence of highly inclined objects might therefore be related to the early phases of the Solar system.
- Monthly Notices of The Royal Astronomical Society. Malden: Wiley-blackwell, v. 418, n. 2, p. 1102-1114, 2011.
- celestial mechanics
- minor planets, asteroids: general
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.