Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Preparation of Ni-Ti-Mo and Ni-Ti-Mo-Zr Alloys by High-Energy Ball Milling and Subsequent Hot Pressing
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This work discusses on the preparation of Ni-45Ti-5Mo, Ni-40Ti-10Mo and Ni-46Ti-2Mo-2Zr (at-%) alloys by high-energy ball milling and hot pressing, which are potentially attractive for dental and medical applications. The milling process was performed in stainless steel balls (19mm diameter) and vials (225 mL) using a rotary speed of 300rpm and a ball-to-powder weight ratio of 10:1. Hot pressing under vacuum was performed in a BN-coated graphite crucible at 900 degrees C for 1 h using a load of 20 MPa. The milled and hot-pressed materials were characterized by X-ray diffraction, electron scanning microscopy, and electron dispersive spectrometry. Peaks of B2-NiTi and Ni4Ti3 were identified in XRD patterns of Ni-45Ti-5Mo, Ni-40Ti-10Mo and Ni-46Ti-2Mo-2Zr powders milled for 1h. The NiTi compound dissolved small Mo amounts lower than 4 at%, which were measured by EDS analysis. Moreover, it was identified the existence of an unknown Mo-rich phase in microstructures of the hot-pressed Ni-Ti-Mo alloys.
- Advanced Powder Technology Viii, Pts 1 and 2. Stafa-zurich: Trans Tech Publications Ltd, v. 727-728, p. 233-238, 2012.
- Trans Tech Publications Ltd
- mechanical alloying
- nickel alloys
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.