Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Composite materials obtained from textile fiber residue
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Alfenas (UNIFAL)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 06/02121-6
- FAPESP: 02/12834-9
- This article presents the use of fibers residue from textile industry to minimize environmental problems associated with material accumulation. Composite materials utilizing textile fiber residues and high density polyethylene were prepared. Effect of treatment with hot water on fibers to prepare composites was studied to provide an improvement in mechanical properties of these materials. This treatment on fibers was evaluated by X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy techniques. Experimental results of mechanical properties indicated higher mechanical strength for treated fiber composites compared to the untreated fiber composites.
- Journal of Composite Materials. London: Sage Publications Ltd, v. 45, n. 5, p. 543-547, 2011.
- Sage Publications Ltd
- textile fibers
- polymer-matrix composites
- mechanical properties
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.