Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Evaluation on fatigue strength of AISI 4340 steel aluminum coated by electroplating and IVD processes
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 06/03570-9
- CNPq: 304155/2006-3
- CNPq: 470074/2006-0
- CNPq: 507240/2004-9
- In spite of toxicity, hydrogen embrittlement susceptibility, and environmental issues, cadmium electroplating is usually applied on high strength AISI 4340 aeronautical steel due to its efficient protection against electrochemical corrosion. Ion vapor deposition (IVD) process with pure aluminum also offers good protection against corrosion with the advantages of decreasing hydrogen embrittlement susceptibility and improving the fatigue strength of metallic components. In this research, the effects of aluminum electroplating and IVD aluminum coating on the rotating bending fatigue strength of AISI 4340 steel were evaluated in comparison with cadmium electroplated specimens. Experimental fatigue results showed that both aluminum electroplating and IVD aluminum coatings are possible alternatives to cadmium electroplating.
- Journal of Materials Science. New York: Springer, v. 45, n. 22, p. 6094-6100, 2010.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.