Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Preparation and characterization of cellulose/hydrous niobium oxide hybrid
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A composite of cellulose extracted from bagasse with Nb2O5 center dot nH(2)O in three different proportions (16.67, 37.5 and 50.0 wt%) was prepared using the co-precipitation method. The materials were characterized by X-ray diffractometry (XRD), Fourier transform infra-red spectroscopy (FTIR), thermogravimetric analysis (TG/DTG), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). TG data obtained show that the presence of inorganic material influenced slightly the stability of the hybrid material. The precipitation of 16.67 wt.% of oxide was sufficient to inhibit the combustion peaks present in the DSC curve of cellulose. This work will help find new applications for these materials. Published by Elsevier Ltd.
- Carbohydrate Polymers. Oxford: Elsevier B.V., v. 89, n. 3, p. 992-996, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Hydrous niobium oxide
- Sugarcane bagasse
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.