Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Design of concrete platforms offshore using the three-layer shell theory
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- The concrete offshore platforms, which are subjected a several loading combinations and, thus, requires an analysis more generic possible, can be designed using the concepts adopted to shell elements, but the resistance must be verify in particular cross-sections to shear forces. This work about design of shell elements will be make using the three-layer shell theory. The elements are subject to combined loading of membrane and plate, totalizing eight components of internal forces, which are three membrane forces, three moments (two out-of-plane bending moments and one in-plane, or torsion, moment) and two shear forces. The design method adopted, utilizing the iterative process proposed by Lourenco & Figueiras (1993) obtained from equations of equilibrium developed by Gupta (1896) , will be compared to results of experimentally tested shell elements found in the literature using the program DIANA.
- Revista Internacional de Metodos Numericos Para Calculo Y Diseno En Ingenieria. Barcelona: Univ Politecnica Catalunya, v. 26, n. 1, p. 15-29, 2010.
- Univ Politecnica Catalunya
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.