Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Signal-flow graphs: Direct method of reduction and MATLAB implementation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Block diagrams and signal-flow graphs are used to represent and to obtain the transfer function of interconnected systems. The reduction of signal-flow graphs is considered simpler than the reduction of block diagrams for systems with complex interrelationships. Signal-flow graphs reduction can be made without graphic manipulations of diagrams, and it is attractive for a computational implementation. In this paper the authors propose a computational method for direct reduction of signal-flow graphs. This method uses results presented in this paper about the calculation of literal determinants without symbolic mathematics tools. The Cramer's rule is applied for the solution of a set of linear equations, A program in MATLAB language for reduction of signal-flow graphs with the proposed method is presented.
- IEEE Transactions on Education. New York: IEEE-Inst Electrical Electronics Engineers Inc., v. 44, n. 2, p. 185-190, 2001.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Mason's rule
- signal-flow graphs
- symbolic calculations
- transfer functions
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.