Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Real power losses reduction and loading margin improvement via continuation method
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- This letter presents an alternative approach for reducing the total real power losses by using a continuation method. Results for two simple test systems and for the IEEE 57-bus system show that this procedure results in larger voltage stability margin. Besides, the reduction of real power losses obtained with this procedure leads to significant money savings and, simultaneously, to voltage profile improvement. Comparison between the solution of an optimal power flow and the proposed method shows that the latter can provide near optimal results and so, it can be a reasonable alternative to power system voltage stability enhancement.
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. Piscataway: IEEE-Inst Electrical Electronics Engineers Inc., v. 19, n. 3, p. 1690-1692, 2004.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- continuation method
- voltage stability margin
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.