Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- HOW TO EFFICIEN TLY INCORPORATE FACTS DEVICES IN OPTIMAL ACTIVE POWER FLOW MODEL
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- This paper presents for the first time how to easily incorporate facts devices in an optimal active power flow model such that an efficient interior-point method may be applied. The optimal active power flow model is based on a network flow approach instead of the traditional nodal formulation that allows the use of an efficiently predictor-corrector interior point method speed up by sparsity exploitation. The mathematical equivalence between the network flow and the nodal models is addressed, as well as the computational advantages of the former considering the solution by interior point methods. The adequacy of the network flow model for representing facts devices is presented and illustrated on a small 5-bus system. The model was implemented using Matlab and its performance was evaluated with the 3,397-bus and 4,075-branch Brazilian power system which show the robustness and efficiency of the formulation proposed. The numerical results also indicate an efficient tool for optimal active power flow that is suitable for incorporating facts devices.
- Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization. Springfield: Amer Inst Mathematical Sciences, v. 6, n. 2, p. 315-331, 2010.
- Amer Inst Mathematical Sciences
- Optimal active power flow
- facts devices
- network flow model
- interior point method
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.