Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Fault section estimation in electric power systems using an optimization immune algorithm
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 06/02569-7
- CNPq: 301060/2006-1
- This paper proposes a methodology based on the unconstrained binary programming (UBP) model and an optimization immune algorithm (IA) to estimate fault sections in electric power systems. The UBP model is formulated using the parsimonious set covering theory for associating the alarms of the protective relay functions informed by the SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) system and the expected states of the protective relay functions. The IA is developed to minimize the UBP model and to estimate the fault sections as quickly and reliably as possible. The proposed methodology is tested using part of the South-Brazilian electric power system. The control parameters of the IA are set to reach the maximum computational efficiency and reduction of the processing time. The results show the methodology's potential to estimate fault sections in electric power system control centers in real-time. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Electric Power Systems Research. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 80, n. 11, p. 1341-1352, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Fault section estimation
- Immune algorithm
- Power system protection
- Protective relaying
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.