Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Efficient method for AC transmission network expansion planning
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Shahid Bahonar Univ Kerman
- Universidade Estadual do Oeste do Paraná (UNIOESTE)
- A combinatorial mathematical model in tandem with a metaheuristic technique for solving transmission network expansion planning (TNEP) using an AC model associated with reactive power planning (RPP) is presented in this paper. AC-TNEP is handled through a prior DC model while additional lines as well as VAr-plants are used as reinforcements to cope with real network requirements. The solution of the reinforcement stage can be obtained by assuming all reactive demands are supplied locally to achieve a solution for AC-TNEP and by neglecting the local reactive sources, a reactive power planning (RPP) will be managed to find the minimum required reactive power sources. Binary GA as well as a real genetic algorithm (RCA) are employed as metaheuristic optimization techniques for solving this combinatorial TNEP as well as the RPP problem. High quality results related with lower investment costs through case studies on test systems show the usefulness of the proposal when working directly with the AC model in transmission network expansion planning, instead of relaxed models. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Electric Power Systems Research. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 80, n. 9, p. 1056-1064, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Transmission expansion
- Real genetic algorithm
- Reactive power planning
- Power system planning
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.