Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Improved Fault Location on Distribution Feeders Based on Matching During-Fault Voltage Sags
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Texas A&M Univ
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Ensino Pesquisa e Extensão de Ilha Solteira (FEPISA)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CAPES: 0769/05-3
- FEPISA: 007/2005
- A fault location algorithm for distribution feeders based on matching during-fault voltage sags is presented. The basic principle of the algorithm is based on the fact that when a fault occurs on the feeder, voltage sags propagate presenting different characteristics for each feeder node. Knowing the voltage sag characteristics, it is possible to locate the faulty node or the faulty area of the feeder. This voltage-based approach ensures the efficiency and robustness of the algorithm, which provides suitable and accurate results. An overhead, three-phase, three-wire, 13.8 kV, 134-node, real-life feeder model is used to evaluate the algorithm. Test results show that the algorithm is quite suitable due to not only the faulted point being located, but also a faulted area being identified providing important information to direct the maintenance crew seeking to repair any fault inflicted damage.
- IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. Piscataway: IEEE-Inst Electrical Electronics Engineers Inc, v. 24, n. 2, p. 852-862, 2009.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Fault location
- power distribution
- voltage measurement
- voltage sags
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.