Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Sistemas distribuídos aplicados à compressão e recuperação de imagens
- Distributed systems applied to image compression and recovery
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Digital image processing is a field that demands great processing capacity. As such it becomes relevant to implement software that is based on the distribution of the processing into several nodes divided by computers belonging to the same network. Specifically discussed in this work are distributed algorithms of compression and expansion of images using the discrete cosine transform. The results show that the savings in processing time obtained due to the parallel algorithms in comparison to its sequential equivalents is a function that depends on the resolution of the image and the complexity of the involved calculation; that is efficiency is greater the longer the processing period is in terms of the time involved for the communication between the network points.
- Acta Scientiarum-technology. Maringa: Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM), Pro-reitoria Pesquisa Pos-graduacao, v. 30, n. 1, p. 1-7, 2008.
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM), Pro-reitoria Pesquisa Pos-graduacao
- digital image processing
- distributed systems
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.