Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Estimativa das máximas pistas de vento no reservatório da barragem de Ilha Solteira, Estado de São Paulo
- Estimation of the maximum wind fetches in Ilha Solteira, state of São Paulo, reservoir
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Most methods employed to estimate the height of waves generated by the wind require the surface length over which the wind blows. The choice of method depends on the nature of the water body, being applicable to ocean areas or interior water bodies, such as bays, lakes and reservoirs. One of the usual solutions has been the direct usage of the method validated in ocean waters for interior waters, therefore, not taking into consideration the effect of the restriction imposed by the shores. Nevertheless, the excessive quantity of operations of the method applied to interior water bodies (where the shore is a restraint condition) may not assure a satisfactory precision degree, unless an accurate enough graphic base of the shore with the addition of the operator's subjectivity is used. Thus, this scientific community brings this discussion to light, proposing a classic solution based on the application of the adequate method to interior waters (Saville et al., 1954) via automatized processing. Therefore, a program in AutoLISP, a computational language, has been developed. The application of the program has determined the maximum wind fetches in Ilha Solteira, state of São Paulo, reservoir as being between 9.5 and 12.5 km, in contrast with a previous study which has predicted far longer fetches (factor of three).
- Acta Scientiarum-technology. Maringa: Univ Estadual Maringa, Pro-reitoria Pesquisa Pos-graduacao, v. 29, n. 1, p. 79-84, 2007.
- Univ Estadual Maringa, Pro-reitoria Pesquisa Pos-graduacao
- wind fetch
- wave in lake
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.