Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Numeric simulation of pollutant dispersion by a control-volume based on finite element method
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fed Rural Univ Semi Arido
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The dispersion of pollutants in the environment is an issue of great interest as it directly affects air quality, mainly in large cities. Experimental and numerical tools have been used to predict the behavior of pollutant species dispersion in the atmosphere. A software has been developed based on the control-volume based on the finite element method in order to obtain two-dimensional simulations of Navier-Stokes equations and heat or mass transportation in regions with obstacles, varying position of the pollutant source. Numeric results of some applications were obtained and, whenever possible, compared with literature results showing satisfactory accordance. Copyright (C) 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- International Journal For Numerical Methods In Fluids. Malden: Wiley-blackwell, v. 66, n. 9, p. 1073-1092, 2011.
- Navier-Stokes equation
- finite element method
- pollutants dispersion
- fluid dynamics
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.