Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- System identification and active vibration control of a flexible structure
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Uberlândia (UFU)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (FAPEMIG)
- FAPESP: 08/05129-3
- The aim of this paper is to illustrate the active control of vibration of a flexible structure using a model-based digital controller. The state-space model of the system is derived using a system identification technique known as the Observer/Kalman Filter Identification (OKID) method together with Eigensystem Realization Algorithm (ERA). Based on the measured response of the structure to a random input, an explicit state-space model of the equivalent linear system is determined. The model is used in a Linear Quadratic Regulator (LQR) to control the first two modes of vibration of a cantilever beam using a piezoelectric actuator/sensor pair. Experimental results demonstrate the efficacy of the proposed approach.
- Journal of The Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering. Rio de Janeiro Rj: Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering, v. 34, p. 386-392, 2012.
- Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering
- Observer/Kalman Filter Identification (OKID)
- Eigensystem Realization Algorithm (ERA)
- optimal vibration control
- piezoelectric smart structures
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.