Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Identification of Mechanical Systems through Kautz Filter
- State UnivW Parana
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- State University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- This paper presents a novelty approach to estimate the impulse response function (IRF) in lightly damped structures by using classical covariance method. The contribution of the present paper is to employ a Kautz filter to reduce the number of terms in the identification process of a finite impulse response (FIR) model. The Kautz filter is an orthogonal function that includes complex pole pair. So, the method incorporates a priori knowledge into the process that is essential to reach better results and to minimize the number of coefficients in the FIR model. For this reason, the present approach can be classified as a kind of "grey-box" methodology. The numerical and experimental applications of the method confirmed that by considering a priori parametric information the problem can be determined more easily. Moreover, the procedure proposed increased the convergence speed, and, as a consequence the consuming computational cost is lower.
- Journal of Vibration and Control. London: Sage Publications Ltd, v. 15, n. 6, p. 849-865, 2009.
- Sage Publications Ltd
- FIR models
- orthonormal bases
- Kautz filter
- covariance method
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.