Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Vibration energy harvesting using piezoelectric transducer and non-controlled rectifiers circuits
- Universidade Estadual do Oeste do Paraná (UNIOESTE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação Araucária de Apoio ao Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico do Paraná (FAADCT/PR)
- Parque Tecnológico Itaipu (PTI)
- Vibration energy harvesting with piezoelectric materials is of practical interest because of the demand for wireless sensing devices and low-power portable electronics without external power supply. For practical use of vibration energy harvester with piezoelectric materials, it is necessary to process the alternating current (AC) by using different rectifiers' circuits in order to charge batteries with direct current (DC) or to feed electronic devices. Unfortunately, most of the models used focused on simplifying the energy harvesting circuit into a simple resistive load. In the real-world applications, the energy harvesting external circuit is more complex than a simple load resistance. In this sense, the goal of the present paper is to describe a comprehensive strategy for power harvesting device to estimate the output power provided by a cantilever beam with the electrodes of the piezoceramic layers connected to a standard rectifier circuit. The true electrical components were considered in the full-wave rectifier circuit with four diodes in bridge. A very simple and comprehensive description for choosing the capacitance and resistance loads is provided. In order to illustrate the results, numerical simulations and experimental verifications are also performed to ensure the accuracy. All tests and results are described and detailed using Matlab, the SimPowerSystem toolbox of the Simulink and an experimental setup.
- Journal of The Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering. Rio de Janeiro Rj: Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering, v. 34, p. 378-385, 2012.
- Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering
- smart structures
- piezoelectric transducers
- energy harvesting
- rectifier circuit
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.