Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Computations of the flow past a still sphere at moderate reynolds numbers using an immersed boundary method
- Dalhousie Univ
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Uberlândia (UFU)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- This paper presents an immersed boundary formulation for three-dimensional incompressible flows that uses the momentum equation to calculate the Lagrangian force field indirectly imposing the no-slip condition on solid interfaces. In order to test the performance of this methodology the flow past a sphere for Reynolds numbers up to 1,000 have been calculated. Results are compared with numerical data from other authors and empirical correlations available in the literature. The agreement is found to be very good.
- Journal of The Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering. Rio de Janeiro Rj: Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering, v. 31, n. 4, p. 344-352, 2009.
- Abcm Brazilian Soc Mechanical Sciences & Engineering
- immersed boundary method
- virtual physical model
- flow past sphere
- transitional flow
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.