Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Boltzmann distribution
- Estados Unidos da América. Open Source Physics (OSP)
- Física estatística(ensenble canônico).
- A simulation of a particle in equilibrium with a heat bath using the Metropolis algorithm. The Metropolis algorithm consists in sampling the states of a particular system by making trials changes in the parameters of the sytem that is accepted only if the change in the energy(dE) is lesser then zero or if r < exp(-dE/KT), where r is a uniform random between 0 and 1. Such a sampling might be used o calculate themal means. This algorithm is very usefull to the large majority of system of interest where one cannot calculate the thermal means analiticaly.
- Componente Curricular::Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas
- Open Source Physics(OSP).
- Algoritmo de Metrópolis
- Algoritmo de Monte Carlo
- Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas::Física
- To show that the Metropolis algorithm gives the correct probability distribution, it is the boltzman distribution. This is done by perfirming a numerical simulation of a particle in equilibrium in a heat bath, using the Metropolis algorithm and calculating the quantities of interest.
- GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.