Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Approach to equilibrium: two partitions introduction
- Estados Unidos da América. Open Source Physics (OSP)
- Nocões de física estatística.
- This is a numerical simulation of a gas with hard core interaction, in this simulation the particles are initially confined to the left half of the box. Because of the use of periodic boundary conditions, the visualization of the trajectories of the particles might be confusing because it looks like particles are moving into the right half of the box from two directions.
- Componente Curricular::Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas
- Open Source Physics(OSP).
- Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas::Física
- To show the ergodic and irreversible character of the dynamics of a large number of particles that is used commonly as statistical mechanics postulates. This is the standard demonstration of a box where initially all particles are in one half of the box, this is supposed to demonstrate the approximate ergodicity of system with a large but finite number of particles. The box has periodic boundary conditions.
- GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.