Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Approximating the derivative by the symmetric difference quotient
- Schreiber, Michael
- Approximation Methods,Calculus,Curves, derivatives,Real Analysis
- The derivative of a differentiable real function f at a can be approximated by the symmetric difference quotient, (f(a+d)-f(a-d))/(2d), where d is small. Reduce the difference d to reduce the error. The symmetric difference quotient is generally a more accurate approximation than the "standard" one-sided difference quotient (f(a+h)-f(a))/h
- Componente Curricular::Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas e da Terra::Matemática
- Wolfram Demonstration Project
- Approximation Methods
- Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas e da Terra::Matemática::Álgebra
- Show the aporoximation in thr graf
- This demonstration needs the "MathematicaPlayer.exe" to run. Found in http://objetoseducacionais2.mec.gov.br/handle/mec/4737
- Demonstration freeware using Mathematica Player
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.