Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Heilbronn triangles in the unit square
- Pegg Jr, Ed
- For n points in a square of side length one, find the three points that make the triangle with minimal area. Finding the placement of n points that produces the largest such triangle is known as the Heilbronn triangle problem. The point placements within this Demonstration are the best known. Minimal triangles are colored red. All solutions above 12 points are due to Mark Beyleveld and David Cantrell, with optimization and exact solutions found by Mathematica
- Componente Curricular::Ensino Fundamental::Séries Finais::Matemática
- Computational Geometry
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Educação Básica::Ensino Fundamental Final::Matemática::Espaço e forma
- Show the Heilbronn Triangles in the Unit Square
- This demonstration needs the "MathematicaPlayer.exe" to run. Found in http://objetoseducacionais2.mec.gov.br/handle/mec/4737
- Demonstration freeware using Mathematica Player
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.