Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Witch of Agnesi
- Parametric Equations,Calculus and Analytic Geometry
- The so-called "witch of Agnesi" is the red curve in the image. If the blue circle has radius r , let P be a point on the upper purple line y=2r . The red point has the same x coordinate as P. Its y coordinate has the y value of the intersection of the circle with the line connecting P with the base of the circle. The curve was studied in the mid-eighteenth century by the Italian mathematician Maria Agnesi. The label "witch" comes from a mistranslation of her work
- Componente Curricular::Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas e da Terra::Matemática
- Wolfram Demonstration Project
- Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas e da Terra::Matemática::Análise Complexa
- Parametric Equation
- This demonstration needs the "MathematicaPlayer.exe" to run. Found in http://objetoseducacionais2.mec.gov.br/handle/mec/4737
- Demonstration freeware using Mathematica Player
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.