Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Anaphase spindle oscillations in heLa cell depleted of MCAK with cytokinesis failure [Second place]
- Rankin, Kathleen E.
- This movie shows a HeLa cell expressing GFP-Myosin IIA and Ch-Tubulin. The cell has been depleted of mitotic centromere-associated kinesin (MCAK) for 36 hours. The cell proceeds into anaphase without incident; however, when the cleavage furrow starts to ingress the spindle begins to rock back and forth between the two proto-daughter cells, propelled by cortical myosin. The cell is unable to dampen the oscillations before the cytokinetic furrow closes, and both sets of DNA ultimately reside in one daughter cell, while the other contains no DNA
- Componente Curricular::Educação Superior::Ciências Biológicas::Biologia Geral
- The American Society for Cell Biology, ASCB Image & Video Library
- Educação Superior::Ciências Biológicas::Biologia Geral
- To show a HeLa cell expressing GFP-Myosin IIA and Ch-Tubulin
- Duraction: 27 s. Original video created on September 18, 2006. Contributor: Linda Wordeman. This video was categorized by the site as: [Celldance 2007: 2c. Second place]. To visualize this source its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- You may use the Images only for research and educational purposes in an educational institution. Images may be stored on a network server, hard drive or removable media, but only while this Agreement remains in effect. All of the Images you use must be accompanied by a notice stating, "© [Date and Author's or Owner's Name]. All rights reserved. Reprinted under license from The American Society for Cell Biology." The notice shall appear with the Images or on a credits page. "Educational purposes" means (i) non-commercial instruction or curriculum based teaching by educators to students at nonprofit educational institutions, (ii) planned non-commercial study, investigation or research directed toward making a contribution to a field of knowledge, or (iii) presentation of research findings at non-commercial peer conferences, workshops or seminars, but in any event there must be express written permission from ASCB before an Image can be published. "Educational institutions" include K-12 schools, colleges and universities. Libraries, museums, hospitals, research institutes and other nonprofit organizations are considered educational institutions when they engage in nonprofit instructional, research or scholarly activities for educational purposes
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.