Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rhombic triacontahedron measures
- Kabai, Sándor
- Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas e da Terra::Matemática
- Ensino Médio::Matemática
- Two cubes are associated with the rhombic triacontahedron (RT). The edge of the larger cube is 1.618... (the golden ratio) times larger than that of the smaller cube. The smaller cube is inside the RT, and its vertices are vertices of the RT. The larger cube is outside the RT, and its faces are in the same planes as six faces of the RT. The RT fits in a golden rhombus. When such rhombi are joined to form the faces of a larger RT, then the associated RTs are joined face to face.
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project
- Golden ratio
- Educação Superior::Ciências Exatas e da Terra::Matemática::Geometria e Topologia
- Educação Básica::Ensino Médio::Matemática::Geometria
- Studying the association of the cubes with a rectangke with the golden ratio
- This demonstration needs the "MathematicaPlayer.exe" to run. Find it in http://objetoseducacionais2.mec.gov.br/handle/mec/4737
- Demonstration freeware using MathematicaPlayer
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.