Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Vietnam and Algeria [France since 1871]
- Merriman, John
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::História
- Presents part of course, France since 1871, when Professor Merriman discusses the very high importance of France's colonial territories after the embarrassment of occupation during World War II. Reports the Algeria´s case, wich was a complicated because it involved large numbers of French settlers, the pieds-noirs. After Charles de Gaulle presided over French withdrawal, the cause of the pieds-noirs has remained divisive in French political life, particularly on the right
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Wold war II
- Land occupation
- French politics
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::História::História Moderna e Contemporânea
- To present the importance of France's colonial territories after the occupation during World War II
- Duration: 38 min, 16 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.