Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Constitutional government: Locke, second treatise, 1-5 [Introduction to political philosophy]
- Smith, Steven B.
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::Ciência Política
- Presents a class of Professor Steven B. Smith that speaks about Locke's life and works. He advocated the natural equality of human beings, their natural rights to life, liberty, and property. The lecture shows how he transformed ideas previously formulated by Machiavelli and Hobbes into a more liberal constitutional theory of the state
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Constitutional democracy
- Liberal democracy
- Rule of law
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::Ciência Política::Teoria Política Moderna
- John Locke
- Science policy
- To learn about Locke's life and works
- Duration: 44 min, 40 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.