Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Paradise lost, book IV [Milton]
- Rogers, John
- Presents a lecture with professor at Yale University, John Rogers about Book IV of Paradise Lost, of John Milton. In this lecture, professor Rogers examines Book Four's depiction of Adam and Eve and the sexual politics of life in Eden and the perspectives on what have variously been proposed as sexist and feminist elements of Milton's Eden. Professor considered the work of Thomas Hobbes about Seventeenth-century political theory and conclued with a study of Rembrandt's 1638 drawing, "Adam and Eve"
- Educação Superior::Linguística, Letras e Artes::Letras
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- John Milton
- Thomas Hobbes
- Political theory
- Classic literature
- Educação Superior::Linguística, Letras e Artes::Letras::Literaturas Clássicas
- To learn about Book IV of Paradise Lost of John Milton
- Duration: 51 min, 42 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.