Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Brokerage, ECNs, etc. [Financial markets]
- Shiller, Robert J.
- Educação Superior::Ciências Sociais Aplicadas::Economia
- Presents a class about financial markets. The exchanges in which stocks and other securities are traded serve an important function in finance. They bring together people interested in buying and selling securities in order to create a universal price. Brokers and dealers are also an important part of the system, their methods and standards are ultimately behind the success of the exchanges. Many information innovations have advanced the functioning of exchanges, going all the way back to the ticker machine, which was created to communicate the price of securities at a point in time to all interested parties. Electronic Communication Networks and automatic exchanges, more generally, have significantly impacted the exchange of securities and few exchanges still have physical trading floors
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Educação Superior::Ciências Sociais Aplicadas::Economia::Teoria Monetária e Financeira
- To learn about financial markets
- Duration: 1 h, 12 min, 38 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.