Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Interpreting scripture: Hebrews [Introduction to new testament History and Literature]
- Martin, Dale B.
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::Teologia
- Presents a class about de the new testament. There are many ways of interpreting the text, and ancient methods of interpretation may seem bizarre to our modern sensibilities. The New Testament offers us many examples of how an early Christian might interpret the text of the Hebrew Bible, which was their scripture. The Letter to the Hebrews, which is not really a letter but a speech of encouragement, structures its argument around the thesis that Jesus' liturgy and priesthood is superior to that in the Hebrew Bible. The author of Hebrews proves this through several interesting interpretations of passages from the Hebrew Bible
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::Teologia::História da Teologia
- New testament
- To learn about the new testament
- Duration: 48 min, 5 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.