Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Schools and nutrition: where health and politics collide: guest lecture by Marlene B. Schwartz) [The Psychology, Biology and politics of food]
- Brownell, Kelly D.
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição
- Presents a class where Dr. Marlene Schwartz discusses the topic of food policy in schools. She presents the history of federal regulation of the National School Lunch Program, the debate about competitive foods in schools, and describes research on influence of school food on student nutrition. She describes Rudd Center research conducted in collaboration with the Connecticut State Department of Education on the effectiveness of policy changes at the district and state level. She also shares lessons from her personal experiences as a parent advocate in her own school district and describes how her volunteer work in the community informs her academic research
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- School feeding
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva::Saúde Publica
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição::Análise Nutricional de População
- To discuss about food policy in schools
- Duration: 1 h, 5 min, 38 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.