Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Culture and the remarkable plasticity of eating : presentation by Ashley Gearhardt [The Psychology, Biology and politics of food]
- Brownell, Kelly
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição
- Presents a class of Professor Kelly Brownell that talks about culture and how remarkably eating is affected by culture. This class includes a presentation by Ashley Gearhardt about the relationship between food and addiction, and how emerging clinical research suggests that eating maps onto a model of addiction. After this presentation Professor Brownell discusses how culture affects eating, from what's acceptable to eat to how to eat it. Differences between American and French food cultures are analyzed. Recent movements, concerned with the story of food and the features of food before it is consumed, are changing American values
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição::Dietética
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva::Saúde Publica
- Eating habit
- Eating disorder
- To learn about how culture affects eating
- Duration: 1 h, 9 min, 31 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/> This course is taugh by Professor Kelly Brownell, but this class inludes a presentation by Ashley Gearhardt
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.