Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nutrition Transition and Global Food Issues [The Psychology, Biology and politics of food]
- Brownell, Kelly
- Presents a class of Professor Kelly Brownell that talks about nutrition transition and global food issues. The global politics affect food, and global economics affects the availability of food in the prices around the world. Nowadays things like American subsidies to the corn farmers have an worldwide effect. He also talks about how diets have changed in countries outside the U.S. and what are some of the driving factors that have made this happen. The nature of diseases that cultures are exposed to and countries must confront because of the impact of disease on the economy, on healthcare costs, on productivity, on the size of the workforce when they kill a lot of people, and the global distribution of diseases has changed
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição::Desnutrição e Desenvolvimento Fisiológico
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva::Saúde Publica
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição::Dietética
- To learn about nutrition transition and global food issues
- Duration: 1 h, 8 min, 47 s. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.