Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The politics of food II: the issues, the fights and who controls the frame [The Psychology, Biology and politics of food]
- Brownell, Kelly D.
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::Ciência Política
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva
- Presents a lecture by professor Brownell. He discusses the specifics of government and its role in people's food choices. He explores whether and how government should play a role in people's food choices. Professor Brownell highlights the American mindset which couples freedom with issues of personal responsibilities, explores how the framing of the issue influences policy, and proposes a more nuanced view. He then reviews what the current government does on the nutrition program front. He then reviews the three conditions under which business self-regulates, and suggests taxation as a potential government intervention, and a tobacco tax precedent
- Yale University, Open Yale Courses
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Saúde Coletiva::Saúde Publica
- Educação Superior::Ciências da Saúde::Nutrição::Análise Nutricional de População
- Educação Superior::Ciências Humanas::Ciência Política::Estado e Governo
- To learn about government and food choices
- Duration: 1 h, 15 min. To hear this resource its necessary the instalation of Quick time. Available at: <http://www.apple.com/pt/quicktime/>
- Yale University 2009. Some rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Credits section of certain lecture pages, all content on this web site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Please refer to the Credits section to determine whether third-party restrictions on the use of content apply
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.