Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- On an Optimal Linear Control of a Chaotic Non-Ideal Duffing System
- Chavarette, Fábio Roberto
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work, we use a nonlinear control based on Optimal Linear Control. We used as mathematical model a Duffing equation to model a supporting structure for an unbalanced rotating machine with limited power (non-ideal motor). Numerical simulations are performed for a set control parameter (depending on the voltage of the motor, that is, in the static and dynamic characteristic of the motor) The interaction of the non-ideal excitation with the structure may lead to the occurrence of interesting phenomena during the forward passage through the several resonance states of the system. Chaotic behavior is obtained for values of the parameters. Then, the proposed control strategy is applied in order to regulate the chaotic behavior, in order to obtain a periodic orbit and to decrease its amplitude. Both methodologies were used in complete agreement between them. The purpose of the paper is to give suggestions and recommendations to designers and engineers on how to drive this kind of system through resonance.
- Applied Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering Ii, Pts 1 and 2. Stafa-zurich: Trans Tech Publications Ltd, v. 138-139, p. 50-55, 2012.
- Trans Tech Publications Ltd
- Optimal Linear Control
- Non-Ideal Duffing System
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.