Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Strategies used by the children's education teacher for orientation and mobility of the visually impaired student
- Universidade Federal do Piauí
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study aims to identify, describe, and analyse strategies used by a teacher to support the mobility of students with visual impairment in various school environments. A female student with visual impairment in Brazil, aged 5 years, and her classroom teacher participated in the study. Their interactions were videotaped, and later, their dialogue and actions were transcribed. Six themes of analysis were elaborated, one for each support strategy used by the teacher. The results revealed that the strategies employed by the teacher often hampered the child’s orientation and mobility. This was probably the result of a lack of assistance by professionals specialised in Orientation and Mobility, as stipulated in Brazilian legislation.
- British Journal of Visual Impairment, v. 32, n. 2, p. 157-169, 2014.
- deficiência visual
- orientação e mobilidade
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.